Thursday, March 5, 2009

Little update!

I've been quite busy because our son Dennis whom we adopted from Ukraine back in July, 2008 had major reconstructive surgery yesterday. Alexsey is at the same orphanage....... I wonder if he will recognize Dennis?

Anyway, I found out that our homestudy was mailed to immigration yesterday! Praise the Lord! This is the longest part of gathering the adoption paperwork and so this is a huge step towards getting our I-600 approval!

I also saw that our check for Julia's and Dennis' passports cleared.

Tomorrow I will be sending off our request for our marriage certificate.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Great mom. I think Alexsey will remember Dennis.

Kathy Cassel said...

Woo hoo! Great news.

Unknown said...

Here's the link to the video I made today with the baby I watch wearing Julia's bib:

http://ylaesperanzanuncamuere.blogspot.com/2009/03/baby-bibs-by-julia.html

So glad to hear that the process is continuing to go well!

Christi said...

Glad to see that the Lord is continuing to bless your family. Both with Dennis' surgery and this adoption progressing, you can definitely see His hands at work.

Kelli said...

woo hoo!