Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Advocating for Owen

This little boy is named Owen. When I first saw his picture, my heart was touched. My daughter Sveta who has said on numerous occasions that she doesn't want to have kids, fell head over heels in love. "O Mom, he is so nice. I want him. Please let us adopt him. If you don't I will when I grow up."

Oh, how I wish it was that easy. For so many reasons none of which have to do with his medical condition, we cannot adopt Owen, and so I will advocate for him. Honestly, when I first found out about him a few months back, I did not think he would live for very long and so I didn't want to push finding a family only to find out that he had passed away.

Well, this little guy definitely is a fighter and so very deserving of a family. Here is an updated picture of him.


This picture touches my heart even more--- I just want to pick him up and love on him and make him smile.

Please, please, please consider adopting this precious seventeen month old little boy. To find out more visit Reece's Rainbow.

9 comments:

Taylor said...

I've seen Owen on Reece's Rainbow before, he is absolutely adorable!! There are so many cute kids there that they are trying to help get adopted. :( I wish I could.

Rakel Astros said...

I've seen him on Reece's Rainbow as well. He is so cute little boy, and every time I see his picture I wonder how he's doing. I wish I was older so I would be able to adopt him! This little guy has totally melted my heart and it is so nice to see an updated picture of him. I really do hope that his forever mom or dad are looking at him right now!

Praying for baby Owen!

momto12 said...

Precious little guy! There is another boy on that site Victor (16) September 6, 2005 that could be a twin to your Dennis!

Rachel said...

I will be praying for sweet Owen! I hope his family finds him soon!

Carol G said...

I had also been watching Owen and praying that he would be adopted. I'm so glad that his story and photo have been updated. I, too, would like to see him smile! And I'm proud of Sveta for wanting him. What a sweet child she is!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Praying for Owen....You have a great blog.
I enjoyed reading it today.

Be sure and stop by my blog and sign up for the "10 Giveaways" that I will draw for on Wednesday.

Also, please pray for sweet Maggie as she returns to St Jude's this week. Would love for you to grab her button for your blog...

Jenny said...

When I first saw Owen, I never thought that he would have lived much longer. I agree with you that he is a true fighter. My kids do wish we could adopt him also.

Dolores said...

I'm thrilled to see he is alive and growing!

AndreaB said...

Owen is so precious! When you first posted this, I went straight to his picture and just stared at him. If I was older, not in college and married, I would adopt him in a heartbeat. So Sveta, you and I are going to have to fight over who is going to adopt him because I want to too!! But hopefully someone else will adopt him soon so he doesn't have to wait for either of us to grow up to adopt him, and he can get into a home soon!