Wednesday, May 13, 2009

WAIT

"WAIT"
Author Unknown

Desperately, helplessly, longingly, I cried: Quietly, patiently, lovingly God replied. I plead and I wept for a clue to my fate, And the Master so gently said, "Child, you must wait."

"Wait? You say, wait!" my indignant reply. "Lord, I need answers, I need to know why! Is Your hand shortened? Or have You not heard? By faith, I have asked, and am claiming Your Word.

My future and all to which I can relate hangs in the balance, and You tell me to wait?

I'm needing a "Yes", a go-ahead sign, or even a "No" to which I can resign.

And Lord, You promised that if we believe we need but to ask, and we shall receive. And Lord, I've been asking, and this is my cry: "I'm weary of asking! I need a reply!

Then quietly, softly, I learned of my fate as my Master replied once again "You must wait." So, I slumped in my chair, defeated and taut and grumbled to God, "So, I'm waiting...for what?"

He seemed, then, to kneel and His eyes wept with mine, and He tenderly said "I could give you a sign. I could shake the heavens, and darken the sun. I could raise the dead, and cause mountains to run.

All you seek, I could vie, and please you would be. You would have what you want - but, you wouldn't know Me. You'd not know the depth of My love for each saint; You'd not know the power I give to the faint.

You'd not learn to see through the clouds of despair; You'd not learn to trust just by knowing I'm there; You'd not know the joy of resting in Me; When the darkness and silence were all you could see.

You'd never experience the fullness of love as the peace of My Spirit descends like a dove; You'd know that I five and I Save, for a start, but you'd not know the depth of the beat of My heart.

The flow of my comfort late into the night, the faith that I give when you walk without sight, the depth that's beyond getting just what you asked of an infinite God, who makes what you have last.

You'd never know, should your pain quickly flee, what it means that "My grace is sufficient for thee." Yes, your dreams for your loved one overnight would come true,

But, Oh, the Loss! If I lost what I'm doing in you!

So, be silent, My child, and in time you will see that the greatest of gifts is to get to know Me. And though oft' may My answers seem terribly late, My most precious answer of all is still, "Wait."

Will today be the day Father?

6 comments:

MoonDog said...

darn waiting is hard!

acceptance with joy said...

I love it!!! The poem speaks to me. I laughed and I sighed!!!

Hope you don't mind if I snag it.
Angela

A said...

Praying with you!

Missy said...

Wow, what a beautiful poem. It helps when I think of my wayward daughter. I'd like to put it on my blog if you wouldn't mind...

Sheryl said...

How beautiful! I'd rather God say no than wait.

Matt and Carla Morgan said...

That is my all time favorite poem. I have always loved the line, 'oh the loss if I lost what I'm doing in you'.

Praying for you during this wait.

cm